Why we are the right roofing contractor for you.
At Infinite Roofing & Construction, we know that the roof is one of the most important parts of any building. Be it a home, an office or an industrial building, it needs to have a solid structure and be secured against the elements. Whether it’s a repair or a completely new roof installation, choosing the right roofing contractor is absolutely critical. Every building needs a solid roof. In the case of your home — the “roof over your head” — it may well be one of the biggest investments you make in your life. Unfortunately, in many states there are very few regulations in place for roofing contractors and roofing installation.
This industry is full of roofing companies with amateur workers who lack the proper training to carry out the work they have been contracted to do. There are also so many people out to con you and charge you as much as they possibly can for even the most basic work. You need a professional contractor you can trust, who won’t deceive you and isn’t looking to rip you off. Someone who will carry out your installation in a reasonable timescale, with all due care and diligence, to a high professional standard. Otherwise, your decision could come back to haunt you in the future!
There are so many reasons why hiring a professional roofing company is crucial. The more experience a contractor has, the more you can rest assured that the job will be done right. The most experienced contractors will be able to provide you with a wealth of advice from the best materials to use to maintenance and care. They will absolutely not pressure you into making any hasty decisions or quote outrageous figures for the work. They will be able to justify every expense. They should be able to advise you on exactly what is required to provide you with the best longevity and value for money. They also need to have all the correct insurance, in case the worst should happen.
When approaching any roofing contractor, you must ask plenty of questions about how and when each stage will be completed, which materials will be used and what kind of warranty you will have if the worst should happen. You must ensure that they properly assess the project’s requirements. The more questions you ask the better. Any professional roofing contractor would be happy to provide you with any information you need to make an informed decision and give you peace of mind. A contractor that gets annoyed and frustrated at such questions is a contractor to be very wary of.
Here at Infinite Roofing & Construction we have over 20 years experience working on projects of every scope and scale from simple repairs to roof installations of a huge scale. We know exactly which materials to choose and where your money can be saved without compromising on quality. Our knowledge of roofs, roofing materials and all related tools and products is second to none. All our work is 100% guaranteed and we will do absolutely everything we can to ensure you are 100% satisfied.
Unfortunately, Infinite Roofing & Construction deals with cleaning up the mess left by rogue roofing companies on a regular basis. Sometimes people think they are saving money, and sometimes people take what their roofing contractor says on good faith and it turns out they were either being deceptive or they are incompetent. It can be hard to tell the difference sometimes, but the result is usually the same — critical delays and huge additional expense to a very unfortunate customer. Sometimes there can be additional damage to the building and personal property contained inside too, which then will require additional repairs or replacement.
1) Ensure your contractor has plenty of experience – The more experience your contractor has, particularly in regard to the type of work your require, the better.
2) Check out reviews – You can’t please everyone all the time, but you should be able to gauge a solid dependable roofing company from a company that repeatedly does poor work or lets people down.
3) Get a free estimate up front – Most good roofing companies will offer you a free, no obligation, written quote. Always get the estimate in writing to avoid any confusion, miscommunication or disagreements.
4) Price isn’t everything – Don’t just go for the cheapest option to save money, but don’t just assume “You get what you pay for!” and go to the other end of the spectrum as people will happily take your money. Costs should be justifiable.
5) Check licenses and credentials – Your roofing contractor will not need a state license to work in New York, however there are local licensing requirements. Make sure to check the local regulations before you begin work.
6) Check insurance and liability coverage – The company you hire should have General Liability Insurance to cover against injury and damage.
7) Ensure the contractor is financially stable – You do not want the roofing company you hire to take your money and suddenly declare insolvency.
8) Get all agreements in writing – For the protection of all parties, all agreements should be in writing. Don’t risk such expense on a handshake or verbal agreement.
9) Ask about the cancellation policy – What happens if you need to back out?
10) Ask about warranty – A reputable and reliable company would stand by their work and offer a clear warranty policy.
11) Ask the expected timescale – You don’t want the work drawn out longer than necessary.
12) Choose a company committed to health & safety – You want a company that looks after their workers and is keen to avoid any unnecessary accidents. A good roofing contractor will stay up to date with all the latest health and safety requirements.
13) Ask about cleanup – You don’t want your home to remain a building site after the work is done. A good roofing company knows that cleanup after a job is one of the most important tasks.
14) If alarm bells starts ringing, do not use that contractor!
1) Pressure/scare tactics – Never allowed yourself to feel rushed or pressured into agreeing to any work.
2) Unnecessary upsells – Sometimes a job can genuinely require much more attention than first thought, but any additional expenses must be well justified.
3) Large down payments, or all costs up front – A reputable company would never expect you to pay them huge fees up front.
4) Low balling – sometimes a popular tactic is to give the lowest quote, only to present the client with unexpected fees and expenses down the line.
Why choose Infinite Roofing & Construction?
Ranking as one of the top roofing contractors in the Capital District and surrounding areas, Infinite Roofing & Construction take great pride in our work at every level. From our many skilled tradesmen, to our foremen, advisors and management. This is our craft and our reputation means a great deal to us. We don’t mind you asking questions and testing our knowledge and skills. Whatever your concern, please fire away! Whatever it takes to put our valued customers at ease. We want you to know you can count on us!
Call us or fill out our online form to get your free, no obligation quote today!